I have a server 2012R2 print server sharing a few printers to Windows 7 clients. One of my printers is a MFP, specifically a Konica Minolta Bizhub C280 which I need to apply some settings to. I've used Printing defaults to:
- Set the Output to 1-Sided
- Set the colour mode to Grayscale
- Prompt for a device user to print as
- Hold jobs until the user is at the device (This is done by setting the output to ID & Print)
All apart from the last option are applying successfully. Everything just comes out the moment you press print and its causing loads of issues.
I really can't see why it would apply some but not all settings from the defaults.
The printer is deployed to clients using GPP Printing Preferences as a shared printer from the 2k12R2 Print server but the fault still occurs if you manually add the printer to the clients.
So far I have tried:
- Having GPP Remove the printer from every machine and re-add.
- Manually Removing the printer & re-adding
- Removing the Drivers from the client and re-downloading them from the server