As of this morning we were having serious issues (partially loaded site with no functionality) accessing Google Drive which we use heavily. Other websites seemed to work fine. This is happening on ALL networked machines which are Windows 7 Pro machines connected to a Windows 2012 R2 server which gets its internet from a Dlink DSR1000n.
After some troubleshooting, I noticed that many assets on Google Drive were failing to load from ssl.gstatic.com. When pinging ssl.gstatic.com I am getting:
~ ping ssl.gstatic.com PING blocked.domain.gstatic.com (127.0.0.1): 56 data bytes 64 bytes from 127.0.0.1: icmp_seq=0 ttl=64 time=0.044 ms 64 bytes from 127.0.0.1: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.074 ms ^C — blocked.domain.gstatic.com ping statistics --- 2 packets transmitted, 2 packets received, 0.0% packet loss round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 0.044/0.059/0.074/0.015 ms
Notice how it's changing to blocked.domain.gstatic.com and returning localhost.
I checked our firewalls & Trendmicro anti-virus on our router, server and machines. There are NO blocked domains. I also checked for any other kind of blocking service and found nothing. hosts file is clear.
Finally, I disconnected the network from our primary ISP so that the router would failover to the secondary ISP.
This solved the issue but the primary ISP (who is useless) is saying it's not them.
Any insight would be great as I am stumped!
The DNS server points to our local Windows 2012 R2 machine. The resolvers are:
- 184.108.40.206 (uneeda.telstra.net)
- 220.127.116.11 (google-public-dns-a.google.com)
A reverse lookup (ping -a 127.0.0.1) just returns the machine its ran from.