Recently two VM's were accidentally converted to Version 10 requiring the vSphere web client but I would like to use the vSphere client. I would like to use VMware converter to convert them back to version 9. I am wondering if it is possible to do so to the same data store as I have enough space to do one at a time? Is this feasible and possible?
I just found this link on creating new folders on a data store for copying VM's. So my plan is the following:
- Create a new folder on the datastore for the version 9 VM's
- Power off the VM's
- Use VMware Converter to convert a VM to version 9 and select the same data store but the new folder (Is this possible?)
- Once the VM is converted, remove the old one from the inventory.
- Add to inventory the converted version 9 VM, power it on and test that it is working.
- Delete the old version 10 VM.
- Repeat stems 3-5 for the next VM.
Can anyone comment on if this is possible and seems correct?