I have a mindbender that I am looking for help to solve.
After changing my AD password my account keeps getting lock.
I found the workstation that was sending the wrong password and locking me.
The way I fixed the problem is by removing a shared printer I had just added 1 week ago.
What I want to know is what am i doing wrong when adding the new printer to the fileserver that locks my account? My fileserver is a Windows Server 2008 R2.
Just to clarify a few things. Here is the step of how i get locked.
- add shared printer to fileserver
- add user who i want to be able to use the printer under object security.
- the user connect to the printer by browsing to the fileserver address and clicking on the printer(At no point i enter my credential on that computer)
- user use the printer, everything is fine.
- I change my password, Then i start getting lock.
- I find out which computer is locking me, the user who connected to the printer i shared.
- I Go to that computer and remove the shared printer.
- I stop getting locked.
What do i need to do to be able to share a printer on the file server without being locked?