Just updated the BIOS of two Supermicro 1022G-URFs to R3.5. They've both the mainboard H8DGU-F with two onboard Intel 82576 NICs.
One of the two Supermicros doesn't have any visible NICs at all after this BIOS update. They are not even listed in the BIOS under network booting devices. So what've I already tried:
- Booting from an Ubuntu live CD with
lspci | grep -i ethernetwithout any result (while this works on the working one).
- Updated the BIOS again with exactly the same image.
- Updated the IPMI to latest version.
- Kept the server off for like 10 minutes without luck (it was still connected to the power because the server is remote) will try to cut the power completely tomorrow.
- Changed some BIOS options like:
- SR-IOV Supported: Enabled
- Load Onboard LAN 1 Option Rom: Disabled
- Load Onboard LAN 2 Option Rom: Disabled
- IOMMU: Enabled
Some suggestions would be highly appreciated to get the two lost NICs back in the game.
Other possible fixes which I've not tried yet:
- Call Supermicro support.
- Search for separated NIC firmware.
- Follow this blog: http://blog.vodkamelone.de/archives/146-Unbricking-an-Intel-Pro1000-e1000-network-interface.html.