On the vsphere web client I have a strange problem with one of my datastores as it's displayed capacity is incorrect. Originaly it had 1TB of disk space. After I increased it's capacity on 1.4TB the next day it reverted back to 1TB.
The particular datastore in question (MSA_VD005) is located on HP MSA Storage. Originally it had 1TB of storage and from the MSA Array I increased it at 1.4TB, and after that I increased its capacity from the vsphere web client. (Standard procedure as i do always)
The very next day I've noticed a
Datastore usage on disk alarm in the web client. When I checked the datastore it had 1TB of space, as if I never increased it.
If I rescan all storage adapters on the hosts, it will show a correct value of ~1.4TB again but If i click the
Refresh button it will revert to 1TB again.
In order to verify all of this I logged in with SSH on one of the hosts and verified that the datastore size is indeed ~1.4. It is just that the vsphere web-client somehow pulls wrong value and generates warnings based on that value.
After rescan of the storage adapters: After clicking the refresh button Datastore size as displayed from the ESXi Shell