I have a Windows 2008 R2 domain joined server, which should be cloned as test server in the same domain! There is an MSSQL 2012 instance and Team Foundation Server 2013 installed, but this shouldn't have any impact on this plan.
My plan is the following.
- Clone the VMware machine.
- Boot without network connection (unplug the cable)
- Disjoin the domain with local admin, reboot
- Rename the servername and change the ip address, reboot
- Connect the network connection
- Join the domain (and change the @@servername in MSSQL).
My questions: Does this procedure affect the original server (domain computer account) in any way? What would you be your advice to do this?
Thank you in advance for your help!