I have the following questions about my server block(s) for a WordPress site running solely on https, with nginx and W3TC browser caching.
Ubuntu - 14.04LTS
nginx - 1.4.6
PHP - 5.5.9
mysql - Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.41
My questions are as follows:
- Does the order of the "location" sections matter?
- Does the order of the W3TC block matter?
- I've seen some where "ssl" is put in the listen directive instead of using "ssl on;" later -- does it matter?
- I handle www => non-www in the top server block, but I'm not explicitly addressing http://domain.com => https://domain.com (forcing SSL) -- yet it somehow is doing that for me. Any ideas why that's working even though I haven't told it to? I'm glad it's working, I just want to understand why it's working.
- Any other general advice on the setup is appreciated as well. Thanks!
Virtual Host Config: