I'm having a major issue with some music software, I was hoping if I quickly explained what I have done, some GPO guru might be able to spot where I have went wrong?
Client OS - XP SP3
Music Software - Cubase 5
Ok, so the students need to be able to change the buffer size on some external soundcards (called an Mbox) in conjunction with Cubase 5. However, they no longer have access to the registry so are unable to change a specific setting. I used SysMon from SysInternals and have found the keys, set them to the lowest setting, exported them, added them to the DC and setup the following policy:
Computer Configuration > Policies > Windows Settings > Registry
Right click object/reg key > Properties
Set to "Replace existing permission on all subkeys with inheritable permissions"
Edit security > gave users full control
I then logged in as a student and checked that the computer policy was copied down using psexec:
psexec.exe \\computername -u domain\myadminaccount gpresult.exe /scope computer /v
But it seems to reset the key to the highest setting for the students, even though I set it to something else (for example, they key i exported is set to 128 milliseconds, but its reset to 1024 milliseconds when a student logs in) They are still unable to change this setting.
Can anybody suggest what I can try next, i used StackExchange in the past for other problems I've had (php etc)...hope Im in the right section.