We have recently had to decommission our
.local certificate from Godaddy, as it will not be valid anymore. The new certificate contains the following names:
This certificate has been applied to the Exchange server and activated for all services.
I was expecting clients to get errors on the certificate as they are connected to the
mail.mylocaldomain.local name. I have read a lot of documentation and they all pretty much say the same thing:
- add new zone on local DNS server with the public domain (I added a zone
- add a record A pointing to the local ip of the email server (I added
mail.mydomain.compointing to local IP of the server)
I have issued these commands:
Set-ClientAccessServer -Identity EXCHANGE-MAIL -AutodiscoverServiceInternalUrihttps://mail.publicdomain.co.uk/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml Set-WebServicesVirtualDirectory -Identity “EXCHANGE-MAIL\EWS (Default Web Site)” –InternalUrlhttps://mail.publicdomain.co.uk/EWS/Exchange.asmx Set-OABVirtualDirectory -Identity “EXCHANGE-MAIL\OAB (Default Web Site)” -InternalURL https://mail.publicdomain.co.uk/OAB Set-ActiveSyncVirtualDirectory -Identity “EXCHANGE-MAIL\Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync (Default Web Site)” -InternalURLhttps://mail.publicdomain.co.uk/Microsoft-Server-Activesync Set-WebServicesVirtualDirectory –Identity ‘EXCHANGE-MAIL\EWS (Default Web Site)’ –ExternalUrlhttps://mail.publicdomain.co.uk/ews/exchange.asmx
with the proper names in them, but my clients are still getting the certificate error.