I have a HP DL380G5 with ESXi 5.5 and x4 146GB Sata disks in a RAID5 array. I have added one more disk to the server exactly as the other ones and, using SmartStart CD I managed to add the disk to the array. No issues so far.
Next day, using the same CD, I added the unallocated space to the VMWare disk. Waited for another day, restarted the host (server) and when tried to increase the datastore from within vSphere client, I don't see any LUN available for expansion.
In the device view, it is showing the total VMware disk capacity with the space allocated from the new disk (546.8GB).
It's been 2 weeks since this was done and the host has been restarted several times since then but no difference.
Forgot to mention: From "Configuration"-"Storage", I have refreshed and re-scanned all disks several times but unfortunately no luck. Still no LUN available.
I still have the option of SSH it and do so from there, but I would like to rather do it from the vSphere client if possible.