I regularly use remote desktop to connect to PC's at work instead of going an physically sitting on the machine. We have 2 new computers, 1. Windows 7 2. Windows 8.1 ... I'm trying to connect to them view their internal IP address and it's not having any of it.
On the computers in question I have:
- Enabled Remote Desktop in Computer Properties.
- Allowed the port through the Firewall.
- Allowed Remote Desktop through the firewall.
- Fixed the IP address so it doesn't change.
- Stopped the computer sleeping.
- Enabled Network sharing and visibility options.
I'm running out of ideas and I need to get this up and running before we apply the external ip addresses.
As I mentioned I can remote to other PC's in the office, so it shouldn't be anything wrong with the network.