We had our database and web server on the same box. For performance reasons, we are now off loading the database to a dedicated server. When updating the CFDSNs to the new server, the verification takes a long time (~30s) but it will connect and it will authenticate.
- Both servers are windows 2008 r2
- Both servers are in the same data center
- The DB server is running MySQL
- The DB server is outfitted with SSD drives
- We've tried ODBC (running through SeeFusion) and MySQL 4/5 options in CF Admin
Any suggestions on what we can do to speed up the connection? It is affecting the page load times of our server.