We have a number of sites on this dedicated server. Pages from one site are showing up on another site. Example:
- clientsite1.com (right site, no SSL installed)
- clientsite2.com (forwards to SSL, shows right site)
- clientsite1.com (no SSL installed, WRONG site, shows clientsite2 after "untrusted connection" message)
Now I'm in WHM and this is what I see:
The one that says "Is primary website on IP address?" is the one that's showing up improperly across all non-SSL domains. I am assuming this is because the OTHER domain on our IP address has "Web SNI" enabled, which apparently allows you to use multiple certificates on one IP?
To fix this problem, would someone confirm these steps please?
- Get each site on own dedicated IP.
- Delete the SSL host for each site in WHM.
- Re-add the SSL host for each site in WHM, with new dedicated IP address.
Or I can somehow also enable "Web SNI" for the domain that is currently showing improperly? Not sure how to do that, but I'll look it up if someone can confirm it will fix the problem.
I found another question on here with this comment but I'm not sure if it applies to my situation: "... at least on Apache a properly setup name-based virtualhost should display the correct content, even with SSL (I've used this myself). You'll get the "this is a bogus cert" warning, but if the client accepts the cert, the client will still send the Host header to the server, which Apache should use to select a VirtualHost block and show the correct content, not someone else's site." Is that the case here? If this is the case, what can I say to my webhost that will make them understand (and fix!) the problem?