This question already has an answer here:

I have a 2008 server that I can access via remote desktop as I am the domain admin at my work environment. We are installing some software that will require a handful of users to login and use the software. I've always been confused to what type of licenses I need and the steps to install Remote Desktop Services. Do I just need to buy 5 CALs and install them once I install the required features? It looks like I'll need to install the Remote Desktop Session Host and Remote Desktop Licensing Service? Do I need any license for this part of the install, or does the 5 CALs cover me if I only need 5 concurrent users max?

marked as duplicate by Greg Askew, masegaloeh, mdpc, HBruijn, user259412 May 4 '15 at 2:20

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.


Yes, you just need CAL's for the users.

You don't require any other licensing for the install of the features/roles

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.