Why wouldn't you just correct the order? There's no reason to "what if" when you KNOW that this is not a recommended configuration. As for whether it will work, you will see once the server completes its POST.
But I don't think it's necessary to play that game.
Do you want to do this the right way?
If so, spec and arrange the RAM according to the DIMM population guidelines listed in the manual and below:
General Memory Population Rules and Guidelines:
- Install DIMMs only if the corresponding processor is installed.
- If only one processor is installed in a two processor system, only half of the DIMM slots are available.
- To maximize performance, it is recommended to balance the total memory capacity between all installed processors and load the channels similarly whenever possible.
- When two processors are installed, balance the DIMMs across the two processors
- Place the DIMMs with the highest number of ranks in the white slot when mixing DIMMs of different ranks on the same channel.
- Do not mix RDIMMs or LRDIMMs.
- Quad rank RDIMMs are not supported in HP ProLiant DL160 Gen9 servers
- Quad rank LRDIMMs are capable of up to two DIMMs per channel.
- DIMMs of different speeds may be mixed in any order; the server will select a common optimal speed.
- The maximum memory speed is a function of the memory type, memory configuration, and processor model.
- The maximum memory capacity is a function of the memory type and number of installed processors.
- To realize the performance memory capabilities listed in this document, HP SmartMemory is required