I am using: mysql 5.5.43-0 on ubuntu 14.04.1
I try to create a new admin-user (admin) who is allowed to do the following things:
- a creating new users (dbuser1) with password - (permission "create user" -> works)
- b set password for new created user - (permission "insert/update on table mysql.user" -> works)
- c grant usage to all tables - (GRANT USAGE ON . TO 'dbuser1'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY ... -> works)
- d creating new database(db4user1) - (permission "create" -> works)
- e granting all privileges - (GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON
db4user1.* TO 'dbuser1'@'localhost';) - (permission grant for admin -> does not work)
I had the problem with step e.
Mysql shows the following error: #1044 - Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' to database 'db4user1'
Question: Which additional permissions/privileges needs my admin, to do the above mentioned actions and nothing more than that.
I think my admin-user had all permissions to grant a existing user to a new created database...
But it did not work.
Thanks for your help
CREATE USER 'dbuser1'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'password1234' SET PASSWORD FOR 'dbuser1'@'localhost' = PASSWORD('password5678') GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO 'dbuser1'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'password5678' WITH MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_USER_CONNECTIONS 0; CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS `db4user1`; GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `db4user1`.* TO 'dbuser1'@'localhost';
-> #1044 - Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' to database 'db4user1'