Right my setup is as follows
TP-LINK AC1750 Wireless router
- WAN (Comcast) connects here
- 1 port connects to TP-LINK 16 port managed switch
- 16 port switch has static IP, 192.168.0.99 (I've reserved in wifi-router)
- All PC's connected through the 16 port switch and pickup and IP from the router.
This is all working fine.
I have purchased a ZyWall VPN Firewall.
ZyWall VPN Firewall
- 2 WAN ports
- 4 LAN ports
- The ZyWALL tries to assign IP's per LAN port. So 192.168.N.X, where N is the port # (1-4).
- WAN(Comcast) goes into WAN1 of ZyWall
- LAN1 of ZyWall goes to a port (not the WAN port) on the Wifi router
- Disabled DHCP on wifi router
- LAN2 goes to a port on the TP-LInk 16 port managed switch
- Everyone gets LAN ip's fine. All PC's connected to wifi router get 192.168.1.X IP's. All PC's connected to the 16 port switch get 192.168.2.X IP's
The internet seems to go in and out at random. Sometimes I can access it, other times I can't. I can ALWAYS access it if I plug a PC directly into a LAN port on the ZyWAll. It seems like if I wait long enough the internet will eventually completely cut out for any PC going through the Wifi router or the 16 port.
Any ideas? I've upgraded firmware to latest on all equipment.