We have two printers connected straight through Ethernet without a print server, one is a Samsung M2875FD, and the other one a Dell 1320c. Since we installed the Samsung printer, everybody noticed that they started randomly printing blank documents.
This is what we did so far:
- Install the drivers Windows suggest (they come with the nice Print properties of the printer itself, so they should be the original ones)
- Remove every driver related to this printer, and install the ones coming with the printer. We even installed the "extra software" coming with them.
- Remove all the drivers related to the printer, and install the ones from the Samsung support page.
- Print a document with an extra step called print preview (it comes with the Samsung printer). Surprise, it sometimes shows a blank document. Here's where we made the assumption of the issue coming from the computer
- Use different applications to print the same documents. Again, it randomly returns a nice set of blank pages.
Any issue related to LAN connection/toner/drum/paper jams has been addressed. How should one proceed, in this case?
Edit: After doing some tests, it looks like Mac is not having the issue, but I couldn't be sure.
Edit2: This "it prints nice or it prints blank pages" happens randomly, even trying to print the same document twice. So you try to print May_Report.odt and it just throws 3 blank pages, and trying to print it again, it just runs well.
Edit3: Definitely, the Mac computer doesn't have issues, but curiously enough, one of our computers doesn't have the Samsung drivers installed, and it prints well with the Dell.