I have a Django 1.7 website configured on IIS 8 platform. The staticfiles are kept in a folder generated after running collectstatic command. As mentioned in the tutorials I have made that folder a virtual directory and deleted the django handler from it.
Everything worked well till the point I added a new file in my static directory and ran collectstatic again. Now my static files give a 404 error saying The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
I don't understand why would this happen as I have not changed any of my prior settings.