I am trying to integrate my CentOS 6.6 servers into Active Directory. I've followed this guide from Red Hat using configuration 3 (SSSD/Kerberos/LDAP). When using a Windows Server 2008 R2 server as the domain controller w/ IMU enabled, everything works perfectly.
However, when I use a Windows Server 2012 R2 server w/ IMU enabled, I am able to acquire a kerberos ticket, join the domain, search LDAP, but as soon as I try to login in as an AD user from the console, I get this error message in /var/log/messages:
Jun 6 11:12:30 test [sssd[krb5_child]]: Preauthentication failed
And /var/log/secure shows these error messages:
Jun 6 11:12:15 test login: pam_sss(login:auth): received for user email@example.com: 17 (Failure setting user credentials)
Jun 6 11:12:17 test login: FAILED LOGIN 1 FROM (null) FOR firstname.lastname@example.org, Authentication failure
getent passwd aduser or
getent group linuxgroup returns successfully.
I've tried with this sssd.conf file:
[sssd] config_file_version = 2 services = nss, pam domains = domain.local debug_level = 5 [domain/domain.local] id_provider = ad auth_provider = ad ad_server = dc.domain.local default_shell = /bin/bash fallback_homedir = /home/%d/%u cache_credentials = false ldap_id_mapping = false
Then I read this bug report. So, I changed my sssd.conf file to this:
[sssd] config_file_version = 2 reconnection_retries = 2 services = nss,pam debug_level = 5 domains = domain.local [nss] debug_level = 5 [pam] debug_level = 5 [domain/domain.local] id_provider = ldap auth_provider = krb5 chpass_provider = krb5 debug_level = 5 ldap_uri = ldap://dc.domain.local/ ldap_sasl_mech = GSSAPI ldap_schema = rfc2307bis ldap_user_search_base = dc=domain,dc=local ldap_user_object_class = user ldap_user_home_directory = unixHomeDirectory ldap_user_principal = userPrincipalName ldap_group_search_base = dc=domain,dc=local ldap_group_object_class = group ldap_access_order = expire ldap_account_expire_policy = ad ldap_force_upper_case_realm = true ldap_referrals = false krb5_server = dc.domain.local krb5_realm = DOMAIN.LOCAL krb5_canonicalize = false enumerate = false cache_credentials = false
I've cleared my SSSD cache and restarted the service. Yet I am unable to login.
I am getting this error now in /var/log/messages:
Jun 6 11:21:43 test [sssd[krb5_child]]: Permission denied
I'm seeing this error in /var/log/sssd/krb5_child.log:
(Sat Jun 6 11:21:43 2015) [[sssd[krb5_child]]] [sss_get_ccache_name_for_principal] (0x2000): krb5_cc_cache_match failed: [-1765328243][Can't find client principal aduser@DOMAIN.LOCAL in cache collection]
(Sat Jun 6 11:21:43 2015) [[sssd[krb5_child]]] [create_ccache] (0x0020): 575: [Permission denied]
Now, this is where it gets strange. As root, if I su to any AD domain user it actually works and home directory is auto created. I am about to concede defeat and just stick with the 2k8 DC.