I have an Ubuntu VM running Jenkins that is able to run builds and prepare deployable artifacts. Currently these artifacts are being sent to Azure's blob storage on success.
However, I now need to set up a Jenkins job that when triggered will take a specific artifact and deploy it to my Web App.
Unfortunately, what isn't quite clear to me at the moment is what my best options are for getting my built-and-ready project to the Web App.
Here are some items that I'm hoping to have clarified:
- Does Azure support deploying straight from storage? I suspect if this were an option, everything would be much easier! If so, can I use it from the nodejs-based CLI?
- If not, can I use the nodejs-based CLI to ship the artifact or am I forced into using FTP?
- If I'm forced to use FTP, is there a way I can infer the credentials from within my VM because it is running on Azure?
- If I'm forced to use FTP, do I have to clear anything out prior to uploading everything?
- I know Web Apps support slots, so I'm wondering if perhaps some aspect of those might be worth leveraging as well?
Obvious disclaimer that while yes I have googled this, none of the results gave a clear outline of what a cli-based deploy flow might look like. At least one of the results vaguely eludes to the possibility of CLI deployment and then casts you adrift to an installation-instructions page.