Sorry to ask this question again, as I know its been asked a crap load of times... I have been through a bunch of previous posts but have had no luck. Have tried everything...
- Launch Instance
- Update security-groups to allow ssh connection on port 22 from my IP address
- Create new KeyPair - save .pem file
- Use puttygen to convert it to PPK: Load -> Save private key
- Attempt putty connection to
ubuntu@myInstancePublicDNSusing my saved .ppk as auth key (loaded under SSH->Auth)
I have repeated the exact same steps once previously at a friends house, and it worked. I'm not doing anything any different. I can't imagine it has anything to do with location as I've also added my IP to security-groups and the message I'm getting is a denied key.
- I have tried using cygwin and open-ssh to connect with the downloaded .pem private key.
- I have tried setting chmod 600 on my pk.
- I have tried removing the ec2 instance from the known_hosts file and trying again
- I have tried using
ssh -i <keyDir> -v ubuntu@myInstancePublicDNSto get a bit of extra output to debug
- I have tried using user = ec2-user or root
- I have tried uploading a public key for a generated key/pair I made with puttygen
- I have tried terminating the instance and launching a new one...
But every time, without fail, I get the following:
OpenSSH_6.8p1, OpenSSL 1.0.2d 9 Jul 2015 debug1: Connecting to XX.XX.XXX.XX [XX.XX.XXX.XX] port 22. debug1: Connection established. debug1: key_load_public: No such file or directory debug1: identity file .ssh/test.pem type -1 debug1: key_load_public: No such file or directory debug1: identity file .ssh/test.pem-cert type -1 debug1: Enabling compatibility mode for protocol 2.0 debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_6.8 debug1: Remote protocol version 2.0, remote software version OpenSSH_6.2 debug1: match: OpenSSH_6.2 pat OpenSSH* compat 0x04000000 debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT received debug1: kex: server->client aes128-ctr firstname.lastname@example.org none debug1: kex: client->server aes128-ctr email@example.com none debug1: sending SSH2_MSG_KEX_ECDH_INIT debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_KEX_ECDH_REPLY debug1: Server host key: ecdsa-sha2-nistp256 SHA256:SUYkrQtUYkQ4Fl2Dh5K/4kc/b0kYliZGrdFdXeHxLtk debug1: Host 'XX.XX.XXX.XX' is known and matches the ECDSA host key. debug1: Found key in /home/MY_USERNAME/.ssh/known_hosts:2 debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS sent debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS received debug1: Roaming not allowed by server debug1: SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_REQUEST sent debug1: SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_ACCEPT received debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey debug1: Next authentication method: publickey debug1: Trying private key: .ssh/test.pem debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey debug1: No more authentication methods to try. Permission denied (publickey).
I'm at my wits end and hoping someone else has experienced something similar!!