We recently moved our websites from IIS 7.5 to IIS 8.5.
- We did not change any of the code in the websites
- The app pools are identical in configuration
- We are running ~70 sites on this server
- The old server had 6 gig of ram, dual 2.4 GHz processor
- The new server has 12 gig of ram and a 3 Core 2.4 GHz processor
- Both the old and new servers are:
- Using app fabric for session state
- 64 bit
- Have the same versions of .NET installed (4.5.2)
On our old server we never experienced memory issues.
The new server started at 6 gig of ram and was getting out of memory exceptions. We kept bumping it up until the server became more stable.
On our old server we would normally see 70-75% RAM utilization.
On the new server we normally see 98-99% RAM utilization, this is regardless of the RAM on the server.
The app pools in general are using 2-3 times the amount of memory they were on our previous server.
For example, we have one application pool that was consistently running at 350-400 meg of ram on the old server. On the new server the same pool runs at 800 meg - 1.2 gig.
We have scoured google, serverfault and stackoverflow to see if anyone else has experienced a similar situation to no avail and help would be greatly appreciated.