I have set up a Exchange 2013 server on my Windows Domain network to receive and send mail both internally and externally. After a rejection by Google to receive email from my server (the reason was due to a likely hood of being spam), I checked blacklists (using mxtoolbox) and found that I was on 4 blacklists. A majority of them referenced my Exchange server as possibly being an open relay server.
How do I allow my Exchange 2013 server to accept email from all people who want to send to me without being an open relay server? I checked for tutorials and Microsoft's knowledge base, but couldn't find much. I saw that it was recommended to change settings on Receive connector, but no external senders were able to send mail to my organization.
- A static IP from Comcast Business (IPv4)
- Static IP assigned to exchange server (2013) (192.168.1.30).
- The Exchange Server's connectors all have default settings for the most part.
- McAfee for Exchange Server 2013 (it was recently installed).
- Domain stuck in queue in Exchange Toolbox Queue Tool.
EDIT 8/19: What I have done now is simply removed all of the receive connectors to start fresh. If I wanted to make the receive connectors I need manually, how would that work?