I have 3 x Mikrotik RB951Ui-2HnD router board (RB) running 6.31 with wlan1 bridged with ethernet 2.
STP is disabled on the RB bridge (protocol mode set to None).
I have a HP ProCurve 2520-24-PoE switch (flat, no config) connecting to the RB951's (I have tried with the ProCurve having Spanning Tree both enabled and disabled, plus with Mikrotik bridge set to RSTP and also None, makes no difference).
Using a number of DELL Windows 8.1 clients i connect to the access point and Windows spins connecting saying it is taking longer than usual. Clients connecting via Ethernet cable get an IP address instantly.
If i set my WiFi NIC on the Windows machine to a correct IP statically I am not able to ping the server, or the router, until about 60 to 90 seconds after connecting... so seems my packets are being blocked. During this time of no connectivity to the wider network, I am able to ping and connect to the RB.
If i log in to the RB on winbox from the laptop whilst i am unable to connect, from the terminal on RB i am able to ping the server and gateway.
Other times when I connect it is instantly connected, no pattern for it.
This is so simple yet has me stumped - any ideas what on earth is going on and how to diagnose?
Is there a compatibility problem or some kind of spanning tree in effect?
Config below from Mikrotik (the HP ProCurve is default blank):
/interface bridge add admin-mac=4C:5E:0C:03:9B:3F auto-mac=no name=bridge-local protocol-mode=\ none /interface ethernet set [ find default-name=ether1 ] name=ether1-gateway set [ find default-name=ether2 ] name=ether2-master-local set [ find default-name=ether3 ] master-port=ether2-master-local name=\ ether3-slave-local set [ find default-name=ether4 ] master-port=ether2-master-local name=\ ether4-slave-local set [ find default-name=ether5 ] master-port=ether2-master-local name=\ ether5-slave-local /interface wireless set [ find default-name=wlan1 ] band=2ghz-b/g/n country=\ "united arab emirates" disabled=no distance=indoors l2mtu=1600 mode=\ ap-bridge ssid="Sales" wireless-protocol=802.11 /ip neighbor discovery set ether1-gateway discover=no /interface wireless security-profiles set [ find default=yes ] authentication-types=wpa2-psk eap-methods="" mode=\ dynamic-keys supplicant-identity=MikroTik wpa-pre-shared-key=change!me! \ wpa2-pre-shared-key=change!me /ip ipsec proposal set [ find default=yes ] enc-algorithms=aes-128-cbc /ip pool add name=dhcp ranges=192.168.88.10-192.168.88.254 /interface bridge port add bridge=bridge-local interface=ether2-master-local add bridge=bridge-local interface=wlan1 /ip address add address=192.168.1.201/24 comment="default configuration" interface=\ ether2-master-local network=192.168.1.0 /ip dhcp-client add comment="default configuration" dhcp-options=hostname,clientid disabled=\ no interface=ether1-gateway /ip dns set allow-remote-requests=yes servers=126.96.36.199,188.8.131.52 /ip dns static add address=192.168.1.201 name=router /ip route add distance=1 gateway=192.168.1.254 /system clock set time-zone-autodetect=no /system identity set name=Mikrotik /system leds set 5 interface=wlan1 /system package update set channel=current /tool mac-server set [ find default=yes ] disabled=yes add interface=ether2-master-local add interface=ether3-slave-local add interface=ether4-slave-local add interface=ether5-slave-local add interface=wlan1 add interface=bridge-local /tool mac-server mac-winbox set [ find default=yes ] disabled=yes add interface=ether2-master-local add interface=ether3-slave-local add interface=ether4-slave-local add interface=ether5-slave-local add interface=wlan1 add interface=bridge-local /tool romon port add