I'm running Windows Server 2012 R2 and have a Windows 7 Professional Laptop (non virtual, all physical) that I cannot join to the domain I created.
I am trying to join the Windows 7 client to my domain but getting the DNS error about not being able to resolve the DNS name of a domain controller in the domain being joined has failed. The domain name is 'domain_name.local'. The 2012 R2 server is the domain controller with an IP address of 192.168.1.2.
- I can ping the domain controller (DC01) with name and it returns the IPv6 address
- I can ping the domain controllers IP address and it succeeds
- I CANNOT ping DC01.domain_name.local
Now, I have looked on here already and tried some of the things that people have suggested in regards to this issue which are:
- Give the Windows 7 client static IPv4 settings (IP, Subnet, Gateway)
- Point the primary DNS of the WIN7 client to the DC
- Flush the DNS
- Register the DNS
- I have taken the WIN7 client (laptop) off the WiFi and connected it via an ethernet cable
- Created a reverse lookup zone