I installed a Wordpress site on an OpenShift Online [PAAS] account.
- If I configure Wordpress Address & Site Address (in General Settings) both to http:// example.com (without the space; I added the space here to not be prevented from posting with an http link), then requesting that URL returns "Too Many Redirects" error (I think that's a 310 error). Same for www.example.com
- If I configure them to http:// www.example.com (again no space), with the www., then all Wordpress pages load... they load for both example.com & www.example.com requests
Why does 1. happen, and force me to do 2.? From lots of online resources, it looks like 1. should work?
- The default url for my Wordpress upon installation is app-user.rhcloud.com (that is the default value for both Wordpress Address & Site Address before I updated them to my custom domain). Before updating those, requests to that url load all pages
- Along with updating Wordpress Address & Site Address, I correspondingly added an alias on the OpenShift app for www.example.com -> app-user.rhcloud.com. (Nothing different if I also alias example.com -> app-user.rhclud.com)
- I have example.com registered with namesilo.com. They redirect requests from example.com to www.example.com
- I have a CNAME record mapping www.example.com to my OpenShift's app-user.rhcloud.com (which OpenShift instructs for custom domains) where my Wordpress is hosted
I would think 1. should have been facilitated sufficiently by 4. - 6. ?