I am trying to follow steps to create a cert for ADFS. The steps I'm looking at are on the microsoft website. The steps are somethign like this:
- Create a new template by duplicating WebServer
- Assign the new template to a CA
- Request a certificate using the template
I get up to the "Assign a template to the CA", but I get stuck there because I don't have a "templates" node under my CA. My view looks somethign like this:
But according to the instructions, I should have a "Certificate Templates" node.
So that's where I'm stuck. Incidentally, if I try to request a new certificate, it tells me no certificates are available. I can override that and see my certificate disabled because it can only be issued to a computer. I'm not sure if that's an issue...
- Server set up from scratch as 2012 R2 Standard domain controller into a new forest, no computers joined yet.
- I set my operational level to 2012. I am working on the DC (and I added the DC with the permissions, as mentioned in the instructions)
- I am logged in as a Domain Admin / Enterprise admin user.
- The CA is set up as a stand-alone, root CA, on the DC. No other CAs.
Could someone point out what I'm missing?