I'm implementing a torrent downloading and archiving system. I want to download a torrent file (which contain several small files) and then archive it. My Disk performance is poor. so i want an efficient way of archiving files.
I have several options:
1. Download files on normal disk/filesystem and then TAR it using normal unix
2. Create blank TAR archive and then mount it in write mode using
archivemount and then start downloading torrent in the mounted path.
3. Similar to option 2 but using ZIP file instead of tar.
4. As I want to deliver files over a web browser: Implement a software/script to TAR a folder on the fly. (i wrote a python script (uWsgi/Nginx) years ago to do this. But as tar requires a checksum for each file. The performance was pretty poor)
5. Find a torrent client that can write directly into a TAR/Zip file. (Very unlikely)
Which way should I consider?