How can i allow access to a domain in lighttpd for only some of my own machines when they don't have (always) a static ip?
One possibility would be to set up a firewall and to packet filter it based on MAC addresses, which should be static even for dynamic IPs.
You could also rely on mod_auth and only allow authenticated connections to these domains.
A bit more complex than a network based solution but you could possibly rely on SSL client authentication.
- Set up a SSL proxy e.g. pound. Make it listen to port 443 (or other port) and forward connections to the server running lighttpd.
- Configure pound to verify client certs using your own CA and automatically reject invalid client certificates.
- Install client certs generated by your own CA on the client browsers.
- Configure lighttpd to only accept connections from pound for the specific domains. If pound was installed on the same machine, only accept connections from the localhost.
- Access these domains over SSL.