I have an AWS EC2 instance with an of type
t2.micro. I wish to change the instance type to
m3.medium without losing the bindings that I have set up within IIS.
I currently have a binding for
I have an instance with an EBS instance as the storage so I know I won't lose the files, but I will lose the settings.
What steps can I take in order to retain the bindings when I change the instance type. Is there a way to configure this to be set when the instance comes back up again?
Step by Step to Reproduce Behaviour
- Launched EC2 t2.micro using elastic beanstalk
- Created a self signed certificate in IIS
- Added binding to application within IIS (HTTPS binding), choosing the self signed certificate as the certificate to be used
- Changed the instance type within the Elastic Beanstalk settings page
- Looked at the bindings and the HTTPS one is gone within IIS and so is the self signed certificate.
I was also able to reproduce this behaviour by selecting
Stop from the EC2 list page. A new instance is automatically created again and this results in a lost binding and self signed certificate.
The files for my website are retained in both cases.