I'd like to set up a production HA Docker Swarm cluster.
Docker Swarm needs a Key Value store as a precondition, consul in this case.
Now I'm asking what a clever setup would be:
- Consul should run in Docker containers
- Consul must be HA and automatically scaleable
- Consul containers should be managed with Docker Swarm (this would need consul running though)
- Running consul on the host is not an option
- Having to manage consul containers manually is not an option
- Docker Swarm with a Docker Hub token is not an option
Any ideas how this chicken or the egg problem can be solved in a clean and reliable manner for efficient operation?
Multiple swarm instances would certainly look like a reasonable approach but how to setup the initial swarm without consul and swarm? Thanks.