Trying to get active checks of a Windows host from my nagios server. At this point I'm not even using nagios, and just running check_nt from the command line.
- Verified that the port is open, it allows telnet
- Ensured insecure mode is configured within nsclient.ini
- Ensured connecting host is entered in "allowed hosts"
- At this point, security is not a concern, so encryption/passwords/etc are not needed or wanted.
- For troubleshooting I'm just running the "CLIENTVERSION" command since it's simple
- I've ensured the nsclient++ service has "allow interaction with desktop" option.
Here is the command I'm using from the allowed host:
check_nt -H 10.10.5.200 -p 12489 -v CLIENTVERSION
This is the output:
[root@nagioshost]# /usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/check_nt -H 10.10.5.200 -p 12489 -v CLIENTVERSION No data was received from host! could not fetch information from server
Running 'nscp test' I can see the connection come in but it fails:
D nrpe Accepting connection from: 10.10.7.101, count=1 E nrpe Failed to establish secure connection: short read: 219 c:\source\nscp\include\socket/connection.hpp:243
Here is my nsclient.ini fields
[/settings/default] password = Me0zf92h7f allowed hosts = 10.10.7.101 [/settings/NRPE/server] verify mode = none port = 12489 insecure = true [/modules] CheckExternalScripts = 1 CheckHelpers = 1 CheckEventLog = 1 CheckNSCP = 1 CheckDisk = 1 CheckSystem = 1 NRPEServer = 1