I have a HP ProLiant DL160 G6 with a P410 1GB FBWC controller. I have 4 x 4TB SATA drives. When an array has been created, I can start the Windows Server 2008 R2 installation, and it goes fine until the first reboot. It then hangs on the green loading bar screen perpetually.
Summary of what I have tried:
- Updated System ROM and P410 firmware to latest.
- Started the install from HP EasySetup (both 2.00b and the newest version). This fails and complains of a missing file hpssbem.exe IIRC.
- Tried Windows Server 2012 R2 install instead. This fails complaining of corrupt media? (Surely impossible - it's an MD5 checked ISO freshly downloaded to a USB media)
- Checked the MD5 of the Server 2008 R2 media.
- Tried different Server 2008 R2 media, including USB media and a DVD.
- Performed the HP Insight diagnostics. No errors or faults found.
I've spent two days on this and have no hair left. Any ideas?