I trying to set up subdomain (e.g mail.mydomain.com) for use with a virtual SMTP server running on windows server 2012 SP2.
I’ve tried to telnet with the command ‘telnet mail.mydomain.com 25’ but it doesn’t connect.
In the properties window of the SMTP server on the Access tab both the ‘Connection’ and ‘Replay restrictions’ have my domain (e.g mail.mydomain.com) added.
- My nameservers have the correct record ‘A’ pointing to my domain
- I have a firewall rule to open port 25
- I have successfully telnet tested it using the ip address of the server on my local network and the server name. But the new mail subdomain I have set up stubbornly won't connect
- At the moment I'm just using anonymous authentication
- Setup MX record on the NameServer, not sure if necessary
- TLS is not enabled
Under the delivery tab's Advanced dialog, We have the following settings:
- Masquerade domain: nothing
- Fully-qualified domain name: mail.mydomain.com
- Smart host: none