I setup Samba version 4.1.17-Ubuntu as domain controller and active directory, and everything seemed to go smoothly, but when I try to use the administrator account on one windows 10 PC domain member to create new user in the AD using Windows active directory users and computers management tool, I get this error:
An error occured, contact your system administrator
(I get the same problem when trying to copy the user as well).
But when I use samba-tool to create a user, it works pefectly.
Here is my smb.conf file:
[global] workgroup = EXAMPLE realm = EXAMPLE.LOCAL netbios name = LINUXSERVER server role = active directory domain controller dns forwarder = 184.108.40.206 idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes [netlogon] path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/example.local/scripts read only = No [sysvol] path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol read only = No [Users] directory_mode: parameter = 0700 read only = no path = /Users csc policy = documents [Users] directory_mode: parameter = 0700 read only = no path = /Users csc policy = documents
Another related problem: I am going to mention this problem too, because it may help finding the causes of the previous problem. When I try to change the password of any user using the same windows tools, I get an error about that my computer and my user has to have delegate permissions.
And there might be something else doesn't work, but at least till now that is just what I found.
So what I want is to get that windows tool to get working correctly somehow.
What I tried:
- I tried to delete the profile of administrator account.
- I tried to create a new test account with administrator permissions using samba-tool and tried to create users from that account with no success.
- I tried to give the administrator user delegate permissions by right clicking on the domain name and then delegate controller but also with no success for both errors.
- I tried with and without the last block [Users], (I actually don't understand what does it do exactly).
- Leaving and rejoining the domain.
And all of those were with no success, I appreciate any help from you.