So the easiest way for users on both computers to access the printer is to install the printer on the server and then share it on the network.
To do that do the following.
- Install the printer on the server
- On the server go to Control Panel
- Go to Devices and Printers
- Go to the printer properties (either right click and click Properties or double click and click Customize printer)
- Go to the Sharing tab
- Check the box that says Share this printer
- Enter a name for the shared printer (officeprinter)
- Click Apply
- Click OK
On each of your computers you will need to connect to the printer. You can create a batch file that will do this. An example of what you would put in the batch file is below.
A better way would be to do this with a Visual Basic Script.
Set objNetwork = CreateObject("Wscript.Network")