Webtatic repository has lots of useful packages for CentOS and RedHat. However the repository is very opaque and I have hard time to find information of who is behind it, appart of "Andrew Thompson", known as Andy around here.
He seems to be doing a great job providing all these useful packages. I need to use the repository on live company servers and using unofficial repositories triggers immediately an alarm in me.
- Is it a single person repository?
- Is it backed by a company?
- It seems to exist for for few years now, but what about tomorrow? (apart of the giant asteroid that can wipe us all)
- How secure is it? I don't want next
yum updateto download a trojan.
- How quickly are the security fixes deployed of provided packages? ....
Feedback from real life CentOS/RedHat administrators will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance