I have a few printers set up on a print server. When some of my users try to print, the first print job seems to go through fine. After that, trying to send another print job to a printer completely locks up the application they are printing from, and the print job is never completed.
I've tried restarting the print spooler, cleaning out the spool files under system32\spool\printers, removing and adding the printer again, nothing seems to allow the user to print, until they do a hard reboot. Then we repeat the process again, first print works, nothing after that.
EDIT: Enabled the PrintService Operational Event logs, below is an example of a failed print event:
The print job 22 was sent through the print processor hpcpp140 on printer Office Printer, driver HP LaserJet Pro MFP M521 PCL 6, in the isolation mode 1 (0 - loaded in the spooler, 1 - loaded in shared sandbox, 2 - loaded in isolated sandbox). Win32 error code returned by the print processor: 0x103.
And here's an example of a successful event:
The print job 21 was sent through the print processor hpcpp140 on printer Office Printer, driver HP LaserJet Pro MFP M521 PCL 6, in the isolation mode 1 (0 - loaded in the spooler, 1 - loaded in shared sandbox, 2 - loaded in isolated sandbox). Win32 error code returned by the print processor: 0x0.
The failed job returns an error of 0x103, while the successful job returns an error of 0x0. Both jobs are using the same PCL 6 driver it seems.
EDIT: Seem to have fixed the issue.
I believe the issue was I didn't remove the printer and the drivers from the clients before removing the device off the server. I removed the deployed printer from the GPO through Print Management, completely removed the device from the server, cleaned the drivers, then set the printer back up from scratch using the HP Universal PCL 6 driver. Re-deployed the printer through GPO, everything seems to be working now.