I have an interesting problem I have been dealing with for 2 days now.
I have an application connectship warehouse shipping v 6.5 running on Windows 7. I have been in contact with customer service and they unfortunately could not find a solution besides make everyone a local admin on the box.
When i launch CSWShipping.exe located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\ConnectShip\Progistics\CSW\ShippingApplication\CSWShipping.exe"
- If I log in as a domain user i get run-time error -2146233036 (80131534)
- If I log in as a domain admin i get run-time error -2146233036 (80131534)
- If I set my domain user to a local user i get run-time error -2146233036 (80131534)
- If I set my domain user to a local admin it will work just fine.
The one interesting thing is when I installed the application as a domain admin, I was able to launch it and it worked fine, the user account i used to install the application is not a local admin on the box and the application still works fine.
Things i have tried that don't work:
- Changed permission on the application and folders to "everyone" and removed inheritance.
- Changed the compatibility mode for all users
- Changed the privilege level to "Run this program as an administrator" for all users.
- Right click run as administrator
When I try to run the application I do not get any UAC warnings
No errors in the event viewer.
I'm at a loss and really do not want to install a bunch of 3rd party software.