I have a Joomla site (Joomla! 3.4.1 Stable) running on Windows & IIS that takes almost 11 seconds to even respond to any request. Other subdomains (sub.domain.com) respond almost instantly but the main (with or www or without) takes a very long time. Almost 11 seconds TTFB. My questions are several:
- How can I troubleshoot this? The server processes are normal as is memory. Nothing seems to be stuck or sucking up resources abnormally.
- Are there any known issues with Joomla that would cause it to be slow to respond with the first byte?
- Are there some specific Joomla tools I can install or use to monitor what's happening on the Joomla side?
- Same question as above for IIS?
Steps taken so far
- We monitored our clicks using chrome developer tools to show that only the very first TTFB from our main domain is a problem.
- Once we verified it was any first byte from the url, we thought it might be the entire site, so we uploaded a plain txt file. It loaded instantly.
This is all I know to do really. That's why I'm asking for help in troubleshooting both Joomla and IIS. It could actually be PHP as well, but I don't know where to start really.