My Topic is Migration of 2008 R2 domain controller to 2012 R2 (All domain Controllers.)
I have 3 Domain Controller.
DC2008r201: Running As PDC and DNS Installed.
DC2008r201. Running as DC and DNS and DHCP Installed.
- DC2012R201: Running as AD DC and DNS.(Windows server 2012 R2 server)
I am planning to move the DHCP Roles from DC2008r202 to the DC2012R201 server and then Remove the DC2008R202 Server from the Domain.
- Adjust all network device and for DHCP Relay Agent and Remove the DC2008R202 Server.
- Create One More New DC2012R202 Server and Move the PDC Role to The New Windows server 2012 R2 server.
- and also Remove the Last Legacy Server from the Domain. This whole process looks totally fine if i imagine but before i start to remove the legacy server's and update the forest , funcation and domain level to 2012
But There are Few COncern , which i wanna discuss.
- What will be with the Computer and Server , who were Assigned the Static IP Address and Static DNS Server's ?
- Do I have to go and check all this server's and Change this All settings with New Domain Controller.
- Can i update my Schema , and Functional and Domain Level to the Windows server 2012R2 ?
- What all things i need to be careful while i am updating the Forest and Functional Level to windows Server 2012 R2.
Please Share your Views , Thank you so much for your Advice.