Myself and several other users are having issues staying connected through an RDP session to one of our servers.
- Server lives in a subnet behind a proxy (cloud-based)
- Users connect to network via VPN server on opposite side of proxy
- Connections work and do not disconnect when made from server within same subnet
- Issues only happen with this server
- Server OS: Server 2012 R2
- Client OS: Windows 7/10
I've done some research, but most blogs and posts tell me to check my GP settings and I have with no luck. I've done a packet capture via Wireshark from both sides, but I really don't know what to look for in here.
Edit: I'm pretty confident that this issue stems from the NAT server. I just can't find any concrete evidence to prove this because I'm connecting to and working in other servers in that subnet just fine.
I have Wireshark installed on both my client and the server, but my exposure to and experience with it is pretty lacking. Any suggestions on what to look for in these trace logs?
EDIT2: Can anyone shed some light on possible methods to troubleshoot this? I've checked every configuration and security setting I can think of that RDP uses. I'm currently investigating the possibility of the POODLE fix interfering somehow..