The datadog plugin has been installed on Jenkins. Once installed the Datadog API key and hostname had to be entered in Jenkins. Both tests have been passed. However, when a new check has been added to Datadog querying for jenkins checks does not return any jenkins checks.
The aim is to monitor Jenkins builds using Datadog:
- When did a build start
- When did a build finish
- Duration of builds (jenkins.job.duration)
- Whether jobs have been completed (jenkins.job.completed)
- Status of a build (jenkins.job.status)
- The datadog agent has been installed on Jenkins
- The jenkins host is recognized by datadog
- The datadog agent that resides on the jenkins is up according to datadog
- According this documentation some files need to be added to datadog in order to enable jenkins monitoring in Datadog, but it is not possible to access the box as it is hosted by datadog itself.
- According the integrations tab of datadog UI the Jenkins plugin has been installed and configured