1) I need to migrate some mbox imap email accounts from a shared webhosting provider to another one.
2) Both servers seem to use Devecot, as a telnet command on port 143 shows an identical response:
- OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE NAMESPACE STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN] Dovecot ready.
3) I don't know Dovecot version because I don't have access to "dovecot --version" command.
4) I can't use "doveadm-sync" because the command is not available on my shared hosting account.
5) I prefer to leave imapsync perl script as the last option because I want to preserve the UID.
So, I need to know what migration procedure can be adopted:
if I copy the /home/user/mail/ directory containing all email account from the source server to the destination server, can I expect to see all accounts working with all the emails transferred ?
Should I first create from cPanel all the email account with identical names and password on the destination server ?
Any suggestion will be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance!