My HP ProLiant DL180 G6 died on me during the night. Sadly during an raid-5 to raid-6 rebuild so my data may or may not be lost. That's next but first, the server won't boot.
- Front LED is solid green, but it always is until POST anyway.
- BMC indicator LED on the motherboard is flashing green.
- Fans spins to maximum.
- Power supply LED is green on the back side.
- No VGA output.
- No Num Lock response on keyboard.
I have tried the following:
- Pulled all RAM but one stick - nothing
- Tried different RAM - nothing
- Re-seated the CPU - nothing
- Pulled the HBA controller - nothing
- Pulled the TPS board - nothing
- Pulled power to all disks - nothing
- Different power supply - nothing
- Tried every setting of the J26 jumper. Clear CMOS and Recovery BIOS had no effect. Recovery BMC made the BMC LED go solid green and the fans span even faster but then nothing and RTC reset turned on UUID LEDs, didn't spin the fans and then nothing.
Any ideas what could be the problem? Faulty CPU? Faulty motherboard?