I have just installed SQL Server 2005 on a fresh machine, and I'm trying to import 2 databases from one of my servers. This has worked fine for a box that I did this morning but now I'm getting some errors on this second box.
I am doing the following :
- Right click Database > Restore Database...
- To database : "myDb"
- From Device : C:\myDbBkp.bak
- Check the backup set, and click OK
Normally it would give a popup saying "Import sucessful", but now I get the following :
Restore failed for server "myServer". (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)
Additional Information : System.Data.SqlClient.SqlError : Directory lookup for the file "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Sql Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\DATA\myDbBkp.mdf" failed with the operating system error 3(error not found) (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)
My next questions are :
- Why is it trying to load an MDF file from a directory I haven't specified
- Error not found, is that as helpful as it sounds?
Any ideas? I did this successfully earlier on an identical environment with the same versions etc.