Can FOG and/ or WDS do multicast over an ordinary unmanaged Gigabit Switch? or does it need hardware with specific multicast features?
Trying to help a small non profit in Asia with a poor budget.
- 2 x Windows 2008 DCs (one running on Win 8 desktop Hyper V VM)
- Old Windows 2003 Server
- TRENDnet 24-Port Unmanaged Gigabit GREENnet Desktop Metal Housing Switch,TEG-S24DG
Intend to add WDS or FOG on the physical Server to leverage functionality.
- They might be able to find or source 2008 R2/ 2012 R2 in the future (possibly)
- Under the current and/ or future scenario would it be possible to multi cast?
- Do we need a Switch that has certain features - If so what minimal feature do I have to look for (if I google or search Amazon/ Newegg etc)? Or can only do a Unicast way?
From whatever reading I have done, I'm wondering if WDS / FOG are capable of Multicast without such equipment.
All these links are broken.