I got a replacement system board for my DL180 G6 (old thread here) which is almost identical apart from the management console iLO 2 which was separate in my old board. The new one has far more status LEDs too. However, all old forum threads link to service manuals which are no longer available/dead links, so I can't tell which LEDs means what.
- When power is first applied, LED 5 through 8 cycles though, then goes black. After that, LED 1 and 2 starts flashing slowly.
- If I press the power button, the front LED turns red, all diagnostic LEDs turn black, the fans spin for about a second at low power and both red LEDs close to each processor turns red for a brief moment, then nothing and the fans stop turning.
- iOL 2 is working and I can log in, but this does not diagnose anything if the system is not running.
I have tried the following:
- Reseated the CPU. Nothing.
- Pulled RAM down to just one or two sticks. Nothing. One stick is not supported but it gives the same behavior.
- Pulled accessory cards, the whole raiser card. Nothing.
- Tried different fan connectors, they all spin the fans. Won't boot.
- Replaced the CPU to a faster one. The initial LED 5-8 sequence is slightly different as is the overlap in time between LED1-2, but the overall symptom is identical.
EDIT: I measured the +5V and it measures 0.74 V, or just about exactly one diode drop. Both power supplies in both slots so it can only be the power backplane or the 5V rail failed on both power supplies in the same way.